Saturday, August 13, 2011

Oh My...

I am in awe of how long it has been since I have last posted. And you know, it's been about that since I last sewed too!! Sad day, eh? However, it is not because I've been lazy.

You see, I had one of these:

We started up this:
{homeschool}

And now we're trying to sell this:

So we can move here with the military:

However, with all of the craziness, life has actually somehow allowed me a little time to start sewing again. I've started back up with our Quiet Book pages, I am currently working on pages O and P, and they are FUN!

I am also in the process of cutting squares for my little guy's quilt, to match this one.

So, while I may not be posting very often right now, know that I am always thinking about this little space of mine and am anxious to get back. That being said, I must admit that it has been nice to take a little breather, gain a little perspective and organize other parts of my life in the mean time. I think it is vital for us to step back every once and awhile and reevaluate to make sure that all of the many things we have going in our lives are just the things that we WANT to have going. Or do we feel needlessly bound? Thankfully, I have come to the realization that creating things for my family with my very own hands fulfills an inner need to make something out of nothing in an effort to beautify our lives. Thanks for joining me on this little journey. And if you haven't already completely given up on me, I hope you'll continue to stick a little while and see what the future of this blog holds.

In the mean time, go make something! Go play with your kids! Go do something that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and I'll be seeing you soon!
post signature

2 comments:

Aussie-merican Adventures said...

You have been super busy girl! My goodness! I didn't know you were homeschooling! What a fun challenge! :) How has it gone for you?
Good luck with everything! Can't wait to see what the future holds for you!
PS I hear you about the sewing...Grace is 10 months old and I still have weeks where I don't see so much as a sewing pin because I have just run out of time every day! Will stay posted for more of your awesome creations!

Chelsea Ellingson said...

WELL! Goodness, don't you know we expect you to be blogging more than taking care of your life??? Really!! :-) Just kidding- hey I just opened up my "official" creative blog (which will include my photography, hats, photoshop fun, and other nonsense) come check it out if you have a minute! chelseasattic.com- I'd love your input. Really, you inspire me a lot, m'dear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...